I had originally purchased the Blue/Black version of this case. I wasn't really happy with the glossy blue color but I was happy with the way the PS bumper looked and felt in my hand. The new Slate version (officially called black), arrived today and it is wonderful. The plastic is a matte feel as opposed to the glossy, slippery feel of the blue bumper. The feel is equivalent to the SGP Neo Hybrid EX which is to say there is some slippery feel but nowhere near some of the slippery feeling plastic cases I have had in the past. Overall, this case is pure perfection in terms of look and feel. This bumper looks like it belongs on the iPhone 5.
Understanding that nothing is "truly" perfect, the Power Support Bumper does have a couple of disadvantages, one of which is really nothing major. The first disadvantage is the deep cutout for the side mute switch. I haven't had much issue with getting the switch flipped. Second, in order to get that "click" feedback for the sleep/wake button, you need to apply one (or more) clear stickers on top of the power button. Power Support includes 5 stickers and the instructions (in Japanese) show applying them to the interior of the case. I needed about 2 of them applied to the power button to get that satisfying click feedback. Once the case is on, you forget about them. The side volume buttons are very responsive, even without the stickers. I didn't feel the need to apply any there. Other than the aforementioned "issues", everything adds up to make this a really nice bumper.
Finally, the Lightning connector cutout is shaped wide enough to accomodate Apple's 30 pin-to-Ligthning cable connector (.02) which is a wonderful thing considering I can once again plug the phone into my iHome alarm clock. In terms of the headphone jack, I have only used my phone with the Apple Earbuds and the Bose over-the-ears that I have. Both worked perfectly.
You can pick up one of these beauties at Amazon for $44 USD. Expensive, I know, but if you want sleek and sexy, you have to pay for it.
- Sleek and Slick looking, feels great in the hand
- Slate color almost a perfect match for a black iPhone 5
- Volume buttons are flush with case and have nice tactile feedback when pressed
- Inner black portion of the bumper provides lay-on-table design on both front and back
- Lightning connector cutouts work with Apple 30 pin-to-lightning cable connector
- Headphone jack seems to accomodate multiple types of connectors (Apple, Bose)
- Comes with (2) Power Support screen shields, 1 clear and 1 anti-glare and also a clear back protector
- Expensive (it's an import from Japan)
- Side mute switch cutout a little deep
- Top sleep wake button needs included stickers to obtain a satifying "click" feedback when pressed